Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Chet Goes to Boston


This past weekend, I had a chance to travel with Mrs. Ellis to Boston. We left on Saturday. Boy, I'm not sure about the take off and landing's in a plane. It makes me close my eyes. It was a little scary. But I was a big bear and I did just fine. Once we landed we took a taxi to our hotel. Our hotel was the Omni Parker House. It is one of the most famous hotels in Boston. They are famous for creating the Boston Creme Pie. Yummy!
When you walk outside of the hotel, across the street is the place where the first public school was located. Ben Franklin, Samuel Adams and John Adams were all students who attended the school. The school is no longer there, now there is a church in that spot.
I also saw Paul Revere's house. This is a picture of me and Mrs. Ellis outside his home.









I tried looking in the Boston Harbor to see if any tea was left from the Boston Tea Party. But I didn't see any.











Another great building I saw was the Meeting House where they read the Declaration of Independence for the first time in Boston. It was from the balcony in the picture.



I loved all of the great food. I had lobster, crab cakes, Boston Creme Pie, and clam chowder. I hope I can go back again soon. Two days in Boston is not enough time. Maybe next time I can go with another friend. :)Chet

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chets- It looks like you and Mrs. Ellis had a great time in Boston, and saw some woderful things. What a way to start out your journey with this amazing kindergarten class. You are a lucky bear! Cole and I can not wait to see where you get to go next.

Jackie Williams said...

It looks like Chet had fun. I can't wait until I can take him with me. My mommy said we were going to Sea World soon.

Brandon

linda said...

Chet we're going to have a fun year! I can't wait to see all of the interesting places you'll see and tell us about. I'm going to ask my Mom & Dad to take you with us on our next vacation.
Love,
Grace

Susan T. Phillips said...

It sure looks like Mrs. Ellis and Chet had a fun time in Boston. It seems there is so much to see and do. I love the things you showed us from history of our country. Neat!

Unknown said...

Hi Mrs. Cothern & Mrs. Ellis. We saw your post on Traveling Chet and stopped by to say "hi". Take care. Love, Ashley P.

Michelle Ellis & Debby Cothern said...

Thanks Prendergast family for commenting. We miss talking to you often this year. We hope 2nd grade is going great.